A few ideas to improve the mana forge experience

Have a suggestion or Idea? Post it here.

A few ideas to improve the mana forge experience

Postby Cormission » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 pm

As it is right now it would take 612,500 uses of the forges to get to skill level 50, and I think that's ridiculous. So here are a few ideas:

1. Reduce the increase of uses required to level up, even if it's halved to 250 from level 10 and out it would still take 407,500 uses, or at level 20, 496,250 uses, or if it was reduced from level 1 to 400, it would take 490,000 uses (wouldn't mind a even greater decrease).

2. Make a forge related quest/adventure with related drops that either increases the skill gained per use or rare forge recipe items and maybe a daily 0.01 to 0.05 skill gain reward.

3. Adding more forging equipment, like a set of forging armor that would give you different beneficial stats, like +2% skill gain or +1% chance of getting extra output.

4. Better hammers, the durability is horrible when it takes so many uses to level up it really should be better.

Please come with more suggestions or comments on my ideas below.

Cheers

Cake

Re: A few ideas to improve the mana forge experience

Postby Arah » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 pm

1. Make Summon Chicken into level 1 skill because eggs are actually more efficient.

2. Make Dragon Breath from Animation Forge or Crafting Forge with 1 Enchanted Glass, 4 enchanted gold, 6 enchanted coal, and 1 enchanted diamond

3. Item stacking (only in enchantment forge). Still uses up exp depending on how many items there are and gives mana forge skill depending on how much items used.

4. Binary Fission Feed from Animation Forge, made from 1 enchanted potato, 1 enchanted diamond, 16 enchanted flesh, and 1 slime ball. When fed to any animal, it splits the animal into 2 identical versions of itself but into a baby.

5. Mooshroom from Animation Forge. Put a cow in the center of the forge and made with 4 enchanted diamonds, (make enchanted mushrooms an item) and put 32 enchanted mushrooms.

Postby Lapis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:46 am

Arah_ wrote:2. Make Dragon Breath from Animation Forge or Crafting Forge with 1 Enchanted Glass, 4 enchanted gold, 6 enchanted coal, and 1 enchanted diamond

There's already a way to get dragon's breath. That recipe would have to require a very high forge level.

Arah_ wrote:3. Item stacking (only in enchantment forge). Still uses up exp depending on how many items there are and gives mana forge skill depending on how much items used.

This.
I completely understand why Frost might not want item stacking, but if there's even a small chance of that being changed, my vote is to allow it. (Maybe at higher forge levels?)
Last edited by Lapis on Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.

Postby Lapis » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:38 am

Cormission wrote:4. Better hammers, the durability is horrible when it takes so many uses to level up it really should be better.

Maybe the mana forge hammer could be upgraded more as your level increases?

Cormission wrote:1. Reduce the increase of uses required to level up, even if it's halved to 250 from level 10 and out it would still take 407,500 uses, or at level 20, 496,250 uses, or if it was reduced from level 1 to 400, it would take 490,000 uses (wouldn't mind a even greater decrease).

To help out with the leveling problem, maybe more crafting components could be added. Instead of using different enchanted items for every recipe, you would have to combine them into larger parts at a crafting forge. Those parts could then be used to make the finished products, such as magic bags and storage cores.

Overall, these are some great ideas Corm. My only complaint with the current system is that the ore doubling recipe is way too cheap. I think a fair change would be to increase the amount of enchanted coal required from 5 to 32. Not only would this change balance things out, but it would also allow players to use more items at lower forge levels (as well as more experience for ore doubling).

Postby Arah » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:53 pm

Lapis wrote:
Arah_ wrote:2. Make Dragon Breath from Animation Forge or Crafting Forge with 1 Enchanted Glass, 4 enchanted gold, 6 enchanted coal, and 1 enchanted diamond

There's already a way to get dragon's breath. That recipe would have to require a very high forge level.

Arah_ wrote:3. Item stacking (only in enchantment forge). Still uses up exp depending on how many items there are and gives mana forge skill depending on how much items used.

This.
I completely understand why Frost might not want item stacking, but if there's even a small chance of that being changed, my vote is to allow it. (Maybe at higher forge levels?)

So tell me, what other way is there to get dragon's breath? And also if you can already get it why would it be a high level thing?
Also why would item stacking be a high level thing also? There's no point in making it a level based thing.

Postby Lapis » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:04 am

Arah_ wrote:So tell me, what other way is there to get dragon's breath? And also if you can already get it why would it be a high level thing?

It's a secret item only available for a limited time. It would have to be for high forge levels because it is extremely rare and fairly powerful.

Arah_ wrote:Also why would item stacking be a high level thing also? There's no point in making it a level based thing.

If possible it should be for any level. People have requested this many times before, but it hasn't been changed for over a year. Now that there are forge levels it could at least be added as a perk for some level, preferably 10-15 if not 1.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas