Poll: What do you want to see next?

Have a suggestion or Idea? Post it here.

What do you want to see next?

Adventures, Quests, Challenges
15%
Mana Forge Updates
5%
Redstone Crafting Updates
2%
Profession System Updates
2%
Races, Classes, Skills
24%
Grouping System - Guilds/Towns/Parties
27%
PvP System - Arenas, Chaos Lands
5%
Magic Items - Wands, Armor, etc.
7%
More Levels
12%

Total votes : 41

Re: Poll: What do you want to see next?

Postby davidtig » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:52 pm

I've been thinking a bit about level 50 with regards to the end of mana usefulness. I know, it's not entirely useless, but the drive to collect mana takes a steep dive downwards as two things happen:
1) You can't level anymore
2) Any building you might now be able to do with new summonable items you've already basically done on your way to acquiring level 50.

Quite a few players use mana as monetary transactions, and I foresee using mana as such when I get to level 50, but realistically the game becomes less fun when the focus on mana is removed (because it's now gathering dust in one's mana bank). One solution might be to raise the level cap (it has been suggested that raising the level cap to 64 would mean that one could feasibly summon entire stacks of items), but this just prolongs the same thing from happening again.

Instead, I propose that at level 50, a few things might happen:
1) You trade your wand in for a staff (or just get a staff). Staffs give access to level 50 powers, and more than just "oh, now you can summon diamond and iron" - they might, for example, let you cast night/day/weather over specific regions, or group teleport parties of players, or set recall points in higher-level quests. They might let you summon monster egg blocks to sell, or conjure monster spawners. Staffs might be individually capable of different tiered spells (elemental control/ animal summoning, etc.), or just might be generic in that they all give access to a new set of level 50 spells.

2) You have access to level 50 mounts that are more powerful than mounts accessible to other players. The mounts available could be something like: Pig, sheep, skeletal horse, and ender dragon. The point is, level 50's can summon these at will to ride.

3) There's a steep cost to using level 50 spells. The mana cost is scalable to what is being summoned - so summoning a mount might have a lower cost (because we can all fly, mounts (unless they run faster than fast flight) are cosmetic), making region-specific night/day/weather spells might have a mid-range cost, and setting recall points in quests are super expensive.

4) New craftable items - Level 50's can forge craft items (possibly with level restrictions?). The way this might work is to enable a "reverse transformation" of mana back to a block - but not a redstone block, a re-skinned unique block (re-skin a monster spawner block, for example). This new block is used in item crafting to make new items or new infused armor. Thus the level 50 player essentially has a new profession of ForgeMage.

5) I don't know if this is possible, but Level 50's can now enter the nether? Or some dimension like it where everything is super hard and scary.

Postby ambieminecraft » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:20 am

In regards to davidtig's post, I know a few level 50 players who have stopped playing as frequently, or even have stopped playing FrostCraft all together because they "beat the game". I know that there is still stuff to do, but it is very limited when you are level 50. Adding different aspects to the game (access to things that lower level players do not have access to, for example) would definitely liven up the gameplay and add an interesting aspect to the game. It would definitely encourage me to try and level up quicker after numerous years of not being bothered with level 50. I agree with everything David said, and hopefully some other people will come up with even more input on how to lengthen the time that our level 50s stay on the server! :)
Ambie

Postby CluckyTheGem » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:24 am

I know I'm a bit late to respond (I just joined the forums today :shock: ), but I would like to say a lil' something.

Would "Races" and "Classes" mean like MORE than just Vampire? I think it'd be great if we got to choose to be more than one thing and they were more diverse.

For example: Witch/Wizard (similar to how you start), Werewolf, or something.

I know it wasn't a long post, but I thought I'd give a short comment, just because I think it might be worth saying.
I just like to help with whatever, and I hope to be active on the forums giving my support or general opinion! :D

Previous

Return to Suggestions and Ideas